All the rules set forth by the school and the Athletic Department shall be adhered
to. Violations of these rules will be handled in accordance with school policy.
- All practices are mandatory. Absences or tardiness detract from team and personal
development and are always considered to be detrimental to the team. Violation of
the rules will be under the discretion of the coach, but will result in some form
- Situations that affect a student/athlete being at practice must be brought to the
coach’s attention as soon as possible, if possible, at least two days beforehand.
Although the coach may excuse the absence, missing a practice could result in team
status being changed.
- Team status depends on the practices prior to the contest. There is no set line-up;
it will be determined based on an athlete’s performance in practice.
- Playing time is not a guarantee; playing time will be at the coach’s discretion.
- Student/athletes represent their sport and school both on and off the playing field;
good sportsmanship and proper behavior are expected at all times. Behavior that
reflects poorly on the team or school could result in suspension or expulsion from
the team. We also require that our fans and parents maintain the same sense of sportsmanship
while attending games. Unruly fans and parents will be asked not to attend our games.
- It is the student/athletes responsibility to take care of all equipment being issued
by the school. Abuse or neglect of the equipment will not be altered.
- Student/athletes are students first and athletes second. If participation on the
team is found to be interfering with a student’s academic performance, every
possible way to ensure successful performance in class work will be explored.
As coaches, our concern for the welfare of our student/athletes is paramount.
We will not field questions and suggestions regarding strategy, playing time and
the abilities of other players. We ask that you refrain from offering unsolicited
comments (i.e. coaching from the sidelines) to the coaches, players, and other parents.