Fall Sports Winter Sports Spring Sports Athletic Camp Registration

Water Polo - Girls

IHSA State Champions2013

IHSA State Runner-Up2006, 2010, 2014

IHSA State Finalist2007 3rd Place, 2011 3rd Place, 2012 3rd Place

IHSA Sectional Champions2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Metro Catholic Aquatic Conference Champions2011, 2015


In the spring of 2000, water polo became one of the many club sports offered at Saint Ignatius. The following year it gained varsity status. Since then, the program has rapidly improved and continues to grow by leaps and bounds. In just this short amount of time, the Wolfpack has appeared in the IHSA state tournament seven times in the past eight years, and in 2006 the girls made school history by becoming the first team to play in a state championship game. In 2013, the Wolfpack made history once again by winning the school's first ever IHSA State Championship!

Coaching Staff

  • Nicole Lum — Varsity Head Coach
  • Andrew Neff — Varsity Assistant Coach
  • Nora Kennelly — Varsity Assistant Coach
  • Julia Penkal — Varsity Assistant Coach
  • Kathleen McArdle — Varsity Assistant Coach

The Team

With two levels of play (Varsity and JV), student-athletes gain valuable water polo knowledge and experience with the team’s schedule and practice atmosphere. Currently, only 5% of our team members played prior to high school and the other 95% are introduced to the sport when they join the team.

Our girls learn the value of hard work and dedication by striving to reach team and individual goals. The skills they learn benefit them outside the pool as well, all while building confidence in their abilities, and having fun along the way.